WhatIsTheMatrix.IT – Il Sito Italiano su Matrix

Home // Forum

o Registrati per creare messaggi e topic.

La Fine della matrice, la fine di MXO

In May 2004, I embarked uThe Matrix: Path of Neoa journey. I decided to take the red pill in a big way'I became the online community lead for The Matrix Online. Later that year, many of you joined me as you jacked in for the first time. It was a brand new world'a vision of online games that didn't involve elves, spaceships, or dragons. We became part of the Matrix storyline; living our own adoveentures in the world painted by the movies.

It seems not so long ago I was jumping into Mara Central and going toe-to-toe with other devs at E3 2004. I had no idea this journey would take me to a whole different company, managing a major revision of the game, and my first producing gig. 'Long, strange trip' doesn't describe the half of it.

Now we've seen how far the rabbit hole goes and it's time to wake up from that dream (or go back to sleep, depending how you look at it). On July 31, 2009, we will be jacching out for the last time. It's a bittersweet moment for everyone involved with the game; as a player or as a developer.

It has been a good run. Where many games have fizzled out before or shortly after launch, by August we will have lived on in our home at SOE for more than 4 years. To this day, I have never worked with a community as dedicated as The Matrix Online community.

I'll be at Fan Faire this year showing The Agency and hanging out with any redpills maching the trip. The past couple years have been a blast, so I hope to see some of you there again..

The team will also be whipping up an end-of-the-world event. It won't be quite the same as having over 100 developers in the game as Agents like when we ended beta, but we have 4 years of tricks up our sleeve. It'll be a chance to revisit all the things that make MxO the memorable experience it is. And how could we pull the plug without crushing everyone's RSI just one more time'

I have a lot of fond memories from my years worching on MxO. We've had a good time in the Machines' little playground and will be sad to see it end. I hope everyone enjoys the last few months of playing The Matrix Online.

See you on the other side.

Daniel 'Walrus' Myers

As you have recently read in Dan 'Walrus' Myers producer letter All Good Things Must End, The Matrix Online service will be discontinued and the servers will go dark on July 31st. After 4 memorable years of sharing amazing stories and epic adoveentures with a wonderful and dedicated community, we saw how deep the rabbit hole went and it was time to write the final chapter of the story. We understand that there are many questions and will do our best to answer them here.

What happens to all the code/data for The Matrix Online'
Sony Online Entertainment and Warner Brothers will retain all of the code and data from The Matrix Online.

Can someone open an emulated server for The Matrix Online'
Sony Online Entertainment and Warner Brothers hold the copyrights for The Matrix Online stories and data so creating a fan owned and operated emulated MxO server would be against those copyrights.

What happens to the staff that made The Matrix Online'
Staff that were involved with The Matrix Online will transition over to new projects and responsibilities at SOE.

How are The Matrix Online subscriptions refunded' / I just re-subscribed, how will I get a refund'
As of June 1, 2009 any currently entitled active player with an account in billing will not be billed again. For players who have previously purchased prepaid subscription time via a multi-month subscription service, SOE game time card or other retail game time card that extends the service period past June 1, 2009, SOE will refund these accounts for the unused time and where indicated will mail refund checks to the current billing address on the account. Please be sure to update your email and physical address in your Station Account as this will be critical to the refund process.

Are The Matrix Online subscribers going to be compensated for their loyalty to the game'
On July 31, 2009 at 11:59PM PST the ability to play The Matrix Online will cease. We encourage players to transition their active service to one of the other SOE games available for trial during the transition period of June 1 through August 1, 2009.

Will The Matrix Online be at Fan Faire'
While there won't be any official panels at Fan Faire 2009, there will be many Sony Online Entertainment staff members that have worked on or supported The Matrix Online who would enjoy hearing your favorite in-game memories from your adoveentures in Mega City.

Will The Matrix Online story come to a conclusion when the servers are shut down'
The final days of The Matrix Online will include revisiting some of the great events experienced in-game, leading up to a climactic final event.

Will the MxO Website, Players Pages, and Forums be available after the service shuts down'
The main The Matrix Online page will not be available after June 1, 2009 and the MxO Players Pages will be available through July 31, 2009. The MxO Forums will be available for a short period of time after the service shuts down and there will be an update posted there at that time as to how long they will be available.

Si signori è la fine MXO chiude il 31 Luglio 2009

eddai no, non possono farci questo...io ancora nn posso rientrareeee!!
maledettiiiii

Quando stamattina ho letto la mail della Sony non ci volevo credere e speravo che il mio inglese mi avesse tradito nella compensione.
Poi è arrivata la conferma di Adam.

Matrix on Line ha rappresentato una fetta importante della mia vita. Le nottate passate con i ragazzi della Cruxcode tra le vie e i palazzi di Megacity resteranno sempre presenti nella mia mente.

Le missioni fatte insieme, i duelli sui tetti, lo scazzo che ci prendeva, le risate che ci facevamo (come non ricordare il "Mangio come un maiale e cago come un cavallo" di Adam), gli eventi a cui prendevamo parte nel cuore della notte sperando di incontrate i vari Kid, Niobe, Oracolo, Morole-playerheus ecc).

Sapevo che prima o poi sarebbe finita e io stesso erano un paio di mesi che non mi collegavo, ma adesso che davvero è finita, ho un groppo alla gola che non vuole andarsene

Il gioco è andato. Non ci sono cose da dire. Probabilmente una cosa da dire c'è. C'è da dire che fin tanto che il gioco è durato, mi è piaciuto con e senza sviluppatori. Parlo così perchè essendo entrato ingame nel Dicembre 2008 (27 per l'esattezza) ho visto uscire Rarebit il 14 Febbraio 2009, ho visto il calo di visite che c'è stato da Febbraio a Maggio, e la crisi dei primi di Giugno causa della notifica della sua chiusura.

Ci sono ragioni che spingono certe aziende a comportarsi come SOE ha fatto con i suoi clienti. Tuttavia non è da noi poter comprendere, sempre, queste scelte indipendentemente dal fatto che esse siano (o non siano) prevedibili.

Non mi stancherò mai di ripetere che questo è il momento più reditizzio per altre aziende o per la Monolith (Mamma di Matrix Online) di acquistare il gioco e di portarlo avanti. Ipotesi ingenua, ma cose che credevamo impossibili (es. chiusura del gioco) sono accadute.. ergo non v'è limite. Quello che resta: sono amicizie, conoscenze maturate nel corso di mesi. La coscienza di aver partecipato attivamente un progetto perchè tutti noi, sin dall'inizio, ne siamo stati artefici. Il gioco è un pò degli sviluppatori, ma soprattutto è degli utenti. Utenti che nel corso di anni si sono impegnati (a rischio anche di essere bannati) a scovare bug che poi gli sviluppatori hanno risolto. E per tutti i prodotti software vale la medesima regola: copri>provi>vanon va>si risolvono i problemi>nuova versione. MXO (unico nel suo genere!) lascia tutti a bocca aperta quando ci si rende conto che avrebbe chiuso veramente i propri battenti. Ecco il vero gioco, quello che fa rabbrividireche lascia il segno; e, che fa sperare in un nuovo prodotto della medesima importanza.

Se devo dire la mia allora -lol- credo che non finirà qua. Tutti i nodi vengono al pettine: Warlus che dice che non sa nulla ed invece poi sa, SOE che manda al patibolo MXO quando si sapeva palesemente che una simile situazione non poteva durare. Insomma, si verrà a conoscenza anche del perchè..

Il Perchè è la vera e sola fonte di potere, senza di essa siete impotenti.
Ma per porsi delle domande occorre motivarsi, credere in qualcosa..
Ho fatto un sogno, ora quel sogno si è allontanato da me.

Quale suggerimento' Beh, io faccio così...
Chiudete per un'istante gli occhi: pensate ai films, ai giochi come Enter The Matrix e Path of Neo, a questo sito e a ciò che per noi rappresenta... Iniziate a sentire delle farfalle nello stomaco' E allora restate connessi.

Mh, prendetelo con le pinze.. non so quanto ci sia di vero (ma ci si spera):
http://forums.station.sony.com/mxo/posts/list.m'topic_id=36300028786

sicuramente rientrerò a luglio e giocherò tutto il mese, forse pure un pò prima

Abbiamo già liberato una branda sulla CRUXCODE, quando vuoi sei il benvenuto.

Merda! 🙁

Pare ci sia una ulteriore brutta notizia che spero di poter smentire entro la serata....

Ma pare che per chi volesse rientrare per vivere gli ultimi momenti in mxo, non ci sia più possibilità.

In pratica chi aveva l'account attivo il 31 maggio , ora è dentro fino alla fine , gli altri rimangono fuori.

Incredibile come la SOE si stia rivelando una ditta incapace di gestire una qualsiasi situazione.

Si perchè nei giorni dall'annuncio fino ad ora sono stati riattivati centinaia di account, e molti altri se ne sarebbero aggiànti se solo ci fosse stata la possibilità.

Credo che questa sia un'altra delle cose da tenere conto per chiunque voglia avvicinarsi ad un MMORPG della SOE, presente o futuro.

Io penso che dopotutto la deriva di Mxo è data dalle mancanza di visibilità sulle riviste del settore. Tre articoli su questa o quella rivista al momento del lancio e poi più niente per anni. E' incredibile poi leggere qui sulla rete i commenti sulla notizia della chiusura del gioco, di gente che manco sapeva che esistesse e probabilmente l' avrebbe provato. Mxo non aveva visibilità, Soe non ce l' ha data, e adesso ci tocca vedere chiudere uno dei mmorole-playerg più originali del mercato videoludico.

Ca**o +marketing = +abbonamenti = +incassi = +sviluppo del gioco

Credo che un dirigente d' azienda questo lo sappia, se lo so io... Resta da capire il perchè di questa gestione malandata.. (anche la Soe soffre la crisi e comincia a tagliare')

All "Matrix" related material is property of Village Roadshow Film Ltd. and Warner Bros. - a Time Warner Entertainment company
PHP Code Snippets Powered By : XYZScripts.com